Thursday, November 4, 2010

The 2010 Elections: Full of Sound and Fury, Signifying Nothing

Click Here to Read John Whitehead's Commentary







Great article. I am reminded of one of Schaeffers books on Western Civ. He wrote of the two supreme values of personal peace and affluence. And how the left and right would simply be roads to the same end. This outburst today is generated from fear of losing our two supreme values. We are much like Eli sons in the Bible...we have all the symbols and conontation-words that point to our original values. But our hearts are not spurred on by those values. We let the original system slip away from us. Fight a 10 year war without feel ing the impact? The government doesn't have to consult us on the matter as long as they cut our taxes and cut us some checks? (bread and circuses). Whether the wars are right or wrong...the process is clearly wrong. Then the constitution...they all trample it. Why not? The values that once supported it have all but crumbled. How to get through? How, when every other guy is busy showing his buddy 'the new awesome app' he just downloaded to his iphone. I used to listen to the old guys when I was a kid. They were cranky old men comparing us to Rome all the time. They had NO IDEA how close they were to seeing it. I am 43 and now made prematurily cranky.

Mark G.





Mr Whitehead,

I think you are so right--however, I am refusing to quit hoping for God's merciful spiritual awakening of our nation. It is true that without apathy and seeking after the things of the world to the point of being ignorant of freedoms being lost, our nation would not be in this state. Though I've been as involved as possible (and more than ever) in politics (though the tea party movement), I've done relatively little. I've only so much energy and time. My husband tells me that had I spent the time praying that I spent working with tea party etc that I would have accomplished more. Could be, but only prayer could be a cop out, too. Hard to find the balance. I've learned more about govt than I think I've ever known. I'll continue to work with our local tea party to work for changes at the state and national level. The tea party is not going away--though many will leave most of the work to a few. Had I been in charge it would have died before it started!! The hours invested! But if the Lord fails to send a revival to the church all the work in the world will not save our nation. Indeed, only Our God can save us. Thanks for your thoughts. But pray and continue to help us win back our nation. We must not give up 'till Jesus comes.

Blessings
Lynne S.





Thanks for allowing me to learn so much about what's going on in Washington. However, I would like to offer some constructive criticism.

While your newsletters are extremely informing, I find that (as a friend I forwarded the newsletter to said) that "it's good, but everything is doom and gloom". Please continue to inform, but remember that God is really in charge, not us. We should be praying for our country and our leaders every day and I sometimes fail to remember this.

I realize that being so involved in the political scene would bring most anyone down; but while I wish to be informed, I do not wish to be left with such a negative outlook. Please remember (and remind us) that there is always hope. Help us see positive changes which have taken place. Our vote can and does make some difference.

Sincerely,
Charlotte B.





I often feel to old and unimpowered to do anything about the theft of our country but Mr. Whitehead's column in the Pearland journal give me hope that someone out there is listening.
I donate to the Heritage Society, Ron Paul, and Hillman.
I am solicited by CAWG and others but feel that what little I can give does nothing.
We mus end the welfare state somehow but it looks hopeless. The ACLU has taken God out of our government. I cry for my grandchildren and greatgrand children, try to instill our Constitution as written by our founding fathers.

But we are hung with a congress that is power mad and have no interest in restoring our constitutional laws and will not challange the President. I had hopes for Newt Gingrich in '94 but that congress out spent the Democrats.

I will follow your website for awhile and see if you have anything going.

Robert B.


No comments:

Post a Comment