Tuesday, December 13, 2011

America the Battlefield: The End of the Rule of Law

Click Here to Read the Commentary





Great writing that I completely agree with. I would go even further by saying that this can, and probably will, be interpreted to include people who disagree with government. I feel that we are heading toward Germany of old. I cannot believe how asleep we are while all this is going on. I loose more hope with every passing day. The attack on our liberty is incresses daily.
Keep up your great work.




What is there that we can do to fight, after the fact, this law that allows them to detain citizens? I had no idea that this was up for vote in Congress in December. And I understand that it is too late for just contacting my Congressman, although I am going to do that, also.

However, now that I am aware that this has passed and been signed by Obama, what can citizens do to bring this up to the Supreme Court for constitutionality of this law. I found and read the CRS Report for Congress, dated 2/24/2005, titled: "Detention of American Citizens as Enemy Combatants" and I am very concerned to realize that this has been an ongoing dialogue because of 9/11. Homeland Security is bad enough - searches to travel is dehumanizing enough - when and where do American Citizens stand up to be counted and demand the restoration of their freedoms as guaranteed by the Constitution.

Have we been a free people for so long that we now are willing to be brought under subjection because we fear terrorists? Is that all it takes to give up our rights as free people? Fear. So many have died to ensure our freedom, did they die in vain? I don't care the promises of Obama - why should I care about the word of a man - I care that the Constitution that guaranteed my freedom and protection from corrupt governments, is now being laid waste on the words of a man. No, I want my Constitutional rights upheld - the protection of due process, speedy trail, etc.

If possible, please inform me what options are available to me to address this political crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment